Tuesday, July 3, 2012

[Book Review] Outlive Your Life

Outlive Your Life by Max Lucado was a book I received from Thomas Nelson's Booksneeze book review program. While I have read many other excellent Max Lucado books in the past (Just like Jesus, Cast of Characters...), this was by far the most challenging for me as a reader to go out and DO--to make the most of my life here in a God-glorifying kind of way.

The challenge to me became this: Will the things I spend the time and energy on during my life live on and continue to make a difference after my life is over?

I really did like this book. After reading a handful of Christian Living books, many of them will start to sound the same and redundant. But this one was different. It was inspiring. It made me want to get up and go.

My church (Beltway Park Baptist Church, Abilene TX, also went through a series based off of this book about the same time I received it from Thomas Nelson to review. Each week the congregation would have the opportunity to participate in a weekly ministry specific to the teachings from the week. It gave the church members an opportunity right in front of them to live out the challenges of the book. It was easy! At the conclusion of the series I especially was challenged to find a ministry to make a higher priority in my life and not just half way serve in the ministry but to do it wholly.

I would definitely recommend this book if you are looking for someone to light a fire under you so you will get off your butt and and go do something. I know I need that often, and this is the book that will get you out of your ministry slump. 

No comments:

Post a Comment