Thursday, July 8, 2010

By Surprise

Okay, so it’s been awhile. I’ve been busy between projects at the Host Committee and trying to enjoy the summertime. But right now I have plenty of time to catch up--I am actually sitting in the lobby of a Holiday Inn Express in Royse City. I’m pretty sure my car died on Interstate 30 leaving Dallas on my way home to Texarkana. Still not sure what is going on with it, so my wonderful father is coming this way to check it out and get me home. 
I am very grateful, however, that my car died here rather than on 35 or 30 in the middle of downtown Dallas where I left from work. Praise the Lord for a great location for a break down :) After all, in this hotel lobby I’ve got Grey’s Anatomy, a couch, WiFi, and complimentary coffee. 
Work at the Host Committee has been great and productive. I completed redesigning the Power Point presentation for the Speaker’s Bureau, I wrote an article for the June edition of the XLV Volunteer Newsletter, attended a few events and meetings, and I contacted a couple hundred volunteers to help them complete their volunteer registration. Currently, I am researching contact information for many different groups for a project I am working on for a volunteer recruitment initiative. 
To learn more about the XLV Volunteer Program, go to www.northtexassuperbowl.com/volunteers. The volunteer services department is something that I have really enjoyed working with. It is a huge initiative that the department is taking on by trying to gather around 10,000 enthusiastic individuals to essentially be the faces of the Host Committee. It is an exciting opportunity for anyone who is able to get involved in January and February of 2011 in North Texas. 
Well I’m going to put this away and read a little bit. I am currently reading a book by Molly Fletcher titled “Your Dream Job Game Plan.” Great book--If your looking for any kind of career advice, this is the book. Once I have finished reading it I plan to write an in-depth review. 
Until next time, I’ll leave you with a quote from a movie I re-watched last night called Dan In Real Life: “Instead of telling our young people to plan ahead, maybe we should tell them to plan to be surprised.”
Mo

1 comment:

  1. OK, Mo, we need an update on your car (aren't Dads wonderful!!??) and the "events" of today (Friday). We love you and enjoy your posts. ~Pop

    ReplyDelete